Friday, June 15, 2007

Birthdays and Thanks.

My twin daughters celebrated their birthdays yesterday. They turned 23 -- and they noted rather ruefully that they are now the same age I was when I married Lovey. They both agreed that neither of them is ready to make that plunge. I quipped, "And one day girls, you'll be the same age I was when your mom divorced me!" LOL

I can't believe that my baby girls are 23.

Where did all that time go?

I also wanted to take a moment for all the kind responses I have received in response to my last posts about who you all are. Some of you have included photographs that I will keep in a safe place, probably on my refrigerator, to remind me that this is a journey a number of us finds ourselves traveling. Some of you are a lot farther ahead of me, while others are just behind. Even though we're unique beings with our own shades of color thrown in, we're all very much the same. I am honored that you have found this blog and that you draw strength from my writings. I also appreciate your kindness and willingness to share pieces of your lives with me to say how this blog is helping you along your journey.

I pledge to keep this blog going on.....and I pledge to keep using my life as a springboard into sharing great truths about gay life in general.

I also ask that you continue to share your comments. Don't be afraid to do so. I won't ever share addresses or identify you. The same holds true for personal backchannel responses.

I have tremendous affection for those of you I have gotten to know. I'm sure I will develop that affection for those of you I have yet to meet.

We will resume our regular posts next time.

No comments: