Thursday, June 07, 2007

I Got My Envelope!

I did it!

I bit the proverbial bullet and stopped by Mrs. O'Lovey's on my way home last night from work to finally find out what was in that mysterious envelope that was so gosh darn important.

There were multitudes of cars in the driveway. So I knocked on the door.

Lovey's younger sister.....one of the ones who live here locally in a nearby palace, was there. She opened the door and was so friendly....and so warm......and so "glad" to see me. I amazed myself how arm and friendly and "glad" I was to see her!

She ushered me into the dining room where she, the dentist and Mrs. O'Lovey's sister were playing scrabble. I made small talk....and she kept commenting on just how "well" I looked. I told her that I was doing "well"....and that I had been super busy...and that I hadn't had a lot of time to do really much of anything else but work.

So after I spent some time chit chatting about all manner of trivia.....including telling her about my son being home this weekend...."Oh, didn't he drop by the reception? He was here all weekend and I told him about the reception!" I left. I also found out that Mrs. O'Lovey was at her church working to wash dishes from their dinner.

When I got into my car, I looked at the contents of the envelope. It was basically trash. Lovey could have mailed the really important stuff to me. ICK. Obviously she has been going through her files and what not...and have located a few of my things.

This weekend, I'm going to be spending some serious time trying to get the rest of my house in order and doing some very deep cleaning. I hate messes.

Spoke with daughters #1 and #2 yesterday. #1 in El Salvador told me that her Grandmother O'Lovey sounds a little wary of the dentist. There's some other drama there that I'm not in the mood to go into right now. #2 is doing well.

I had a great day yesterday. I felt well....and I'm getting ready for a fun day at the office now.

More later.

No comments: