Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Mrs. O"Lovey Calls

I have a new message on my telephone answering system from Mrs. O'Lovey!

Imagine that!

I finally decided to play it yesterday. It was received sometime on Monday, but to be honest, I didn't get up the energy to play it until yesterday.

She announced that Lovey has left an envelope for me at her house. Hmmm wonder what it could contain?

I'm just trying to figure out how to go about picking it up, seeing how I have no desire to see any of those people, be with any of those people, or even breathe the same air as those people. I'm a piece of work!

But I am a work in progress.

She then goes on to say how much I was missed at the family gathering for the niece on Saturday.....you know...the one I described a few posts back where all the happy multitudes had gathered. She said that they were SOOOO happy....and they had such a WOOOONDERFUL time....and that I was missed SOOOOO VERRRRY MUCCCCH......

I'm bitter. What can I say? In the back of my mind my thoughts on all her comments were as follows:

"The newly weds are SOOOOOOO happy......Well, I've just not seen them this happy before."

Me: "Just wait until the divorce comes. We'll see just what HAPPY is then."

"They had such a WOOONDERFUL time..."

Me: "Yeah, I had a wonderful time at my wedding reception almost 26 years ago too! See where all that got me now?"

"We missed YOOOOU sov VERRRRY MUCCCCCH!"

Me: "Right, sure you did and pigs fly.... What about my making Lovey uncomfortable? We mustn't do that! After all what would the dentist say?"

I'm not perfect....I'm bitter and I'm dripping sarcasm.

I'm a work in progress.

On to other topics:

I weighed myself this morning. Normally I stay away from the scales as much as possible. But right at the time that Lovey lowered the boom to announce our separation and divorce, I weighed myself and I weighed 246 pounds. Not one of my more stellar moments, I can tell yo that.

This morning I weighed in at 221 even! So, in two years I have lost 25 pounds! Impressive huh?

I guess that's what happens when you're being picky about what you eat. My mother says that I eat like a little bird. (I just eat until I hear that little small voice say, "Enough!") So it's paying off.

My feeling is that I have to be in fine form when my prince charming arrives on his horse to carry me off into the sunset! I mean, I don't want to break the poor horse's back.....or crush my poor prince. So, if any of you see him out there....tell him that Frank is really working hard to be in better shape for when he comes to get me LOL.

(I can't believe I just wrote all that!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I so empathize with those feelings and remarks...

Good going on the weight loss!!! Hey, when you come out more lean and in better health and look younger in the end remember, that doing well is the best form of revenge....

Thanks for sharing!