Monday, June 18, 2007

An Invitation to Dinner

Tonight I came home early to get prepared for my homeowners association board of directors meeting. So, I grabbed a bite to eat at a nearby buffet that I sometimes frequent. I then came home and noticed my answering machine was flashing. Due to the modern wonder of Caller-ID, I found out that someone from the O'Lovey had been trying to reach me....several times.

I also got what appeared to be a phone call from my daughter in El Salvador.

So I called #1 first. She said that she hadn't called, but she was glad that I did. While I was talking with her, the O'Lovey household tried again. I ignored the call, because my child comes first.

While on the phone with her, my cell phone rang and an IM popped up. All from the O'Lovey household. After hanging up the phone from #1, I decided I'd make nice and return the call to see what all the fuss was about.

It was Mom O'Lovey being all friendly and nice. She was inviting me to dinner because she hadn't seen me in such a long time. I explained that I had dinner...but I'd drop by anyway to see her and her sister.

So, I put down my pride and drove down there. Lucky me, I got to see the dentist again. Hmmmmmm.....he seems to be in control......and I detect a rather controlling personality. Upon my arrival, he was on the telephone with Lovey. Lucky man!

He must have talked with her for at least 10-15 minutes on his cell phone. I made sure that I gave them the utmost privacy...so he could chat with her. Maybe I'll be over alimony sometime soon and wedding bells will chime for my X.

With what I sense as his controlling personality......and what I know about hers.....if they hook up, all I can say is that they deserve each other! WHEW!

Mom O'Lovey's sister, who is now living in the O'Lovey household, is a delightful person. She's beginning to lose it due to Alzheimers, but she is a a sweet tempered lady for the most part. I enjoy spending time with her.

Mom O'Lovey was pleasant too. She wants me to come back. And, I think I will just to let them know that I'm doing fine without Lovey. The aunt looked over at me and said, "Frank, you're looking so well....and rested!" I said, "Yes, I am doing well...and I'm resting very well. The Lord has been so good to me."

She agreed.

So, I had a couple of pieces of their pizza. It was great. The company was fine. I was pleasant with the dentist.

Such an interesting evening. But I'm glad that I went.

No comments: