Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Symbolic Beginning...

It's amazing....but I've survived the awful separation and the final divorce action. Still, I'm in need of something to be a symbolic beginning. Something to get me going on my new journey....something to give me the umfff to begin living my new life.

I spoke with #2 about this.

She suggested that I have an open house in late August to celebrate my divorce -- actually a divorce party. But I choose to call it a "Celebration of New Beginning." It would be a time for me to have all of my friends in to help give me the send off onto my new adventure of life.

But such an undertaking offers its own drama. I can't seem to do anything these days without some drama.

I'm out to a few people in my life. Of course, Lovey outted me to all kinds of people...but I don't know who they are.....so I don't really make any assumptions. I have tons of straight friends from my office who I'm not out to. I have some close friends from other aspects of my life that I haven't discused my sexaulity with. My mother knows I'm gay, but she and I agree that it wouldn't be helpful to out myself to my dad.

So, if I throw an open house....and have my straight friends and all my gay friends from my church....well, to be honest, I'm not sure how well the two communities would mix. What do I do?

While I decide, I'm working on haveing a professional photograph taken of me that I will use for my invitation postcards. I also may bring the picture to this blog. So, stay tuned.

Aw....who knows what's going to happen in my life next?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frank: I like the idea of a new beginnings party rather than a divorce party it focuses on the positive. Maybe there is a way to word the invitation so that the “gay thing” will not come as a shock to any of your guests. One way to word this would be “a party where the rainbow of my friends can celebrate the beginning of this new chapter in my life”. However, I am sure that you can phase this better.

Rick