Monday, June 25, 2007

Nashville -- Last Day

I'm exhausted.

Pure and simple.

We got #2 all settled in at her new apartment. I didn't know until this weekend, that she found her new roommate on Craig's List. She's no psycho...nobody weird....just a nice all around American girl....who was looking for a nice roommate. And she found #2! They have a very cute apartment in the Brentwood section of Nashville. It's in a gated community. So, I feel really good about #2's safety and wellbeing.

It has been really good spending time with her. I got to see her record a song for a demo that will be distributed all over the place here. At least her voice is being heard by some of the heavy hitters here in the industry.

Meanwhile, #1 sent us pictures from El Salvador. My goodness she has lost so much weight! Yikes! But she's happy in her surroundings...so I can't complain about that....as long as she is doing what she feels that she needs to do.

#2 and I have had several long talks about things. She told me a lot of stories about some of the happiest and favorite moments she has to remember her growing up and her dad.... I looked at her and said, "What memories do you have of your Mom?" She paused a long while and then she said, "My favorite moments with Mom were when she would go out of town to a minister's meeting....or for a long time at school...." We grew silent.

That's probably what hurts me the most about the divorce.....and that is the lack of good memories they have with their mom. Oh, she is trying desperately to make up for those times now. For instance, she is coming down next weekend to Nashville to help #2 make curtains. But #2 knows that it's not going to be a "fun" time, because Lovey is not a "fun" person. This is very sad.

I'm just a little afraid that they are going to have some clashes. But, that isn't my problem now, is it?

No comments: